How to Get Rid of Blackheads: Blackheads Home RemediesSkin & Body Care
Blackheads, also known as comedones, are formed when hair follicle openings are filled with dead skin cells, sebum and bacteria. If you've suffered from blackheads, you know how embarrassing they can be. Here are presented a few Blackheads cure home remedies.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
The following treatment options are available for individuals to treat blackheads effectively, as well as to prevent the formation of new ones.
- Apply an oil steam to open the pores and release impurities. Pour 1 tbsp. of castor oil into your hand, and spread the oil onto your face. Use your fingers to massage the oil into your skin deeply with circular motions. After three to four minutes, fill a bowl with boiling water, and lean 12 to 18 inches over the bowl. Drape a towel over your head, which will force the steam to cover the face. After five to seven minutes, lift the head and wipe off the oil with a wet washcloth.
- Remove dead skin cells by applying a baking soda scrub. Pour 1 tbsp. of baking soda into your palm, and drizzle in 1 tsp. of water. Spread the baking soda mixture onto your skin, and use your fingers to lightly massage the mixture around using small, circular motions. After one to two minutes, rinse off the baking soda mixture using water.
- Make a solution of lime juice, almond oil and glycerin and apply on the face. This will not only help with blackheads but also get rid of spots on the face.
- Use aloe vera to get rid of your white heads and black heads. Aloe vera contains an ingredient that can calm down the swelling of your acne and speed up the healing process. Either use the juice from an aloe vera plant or buy aloe vera gel at the store. Rub the gel or juice into your black heads and white heads with your hand or a cotton ball and let it evaporate into your skin.
- One of other popular blackhead homemade remedies to get rid of blackheads is egg white mask. You discard the yolk of the egg and keep the egg white. Whisk the egg white until frothy. Apply this paste on your face and focus on the areas containing blackheads. Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water. Do not apply any other blackhead remover or cleanser for the rest of the day.
- Mix about a three-to-one cornstarch to vinegar ratio into a paste. Apply it to your problem areas and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove the paste with warm water and a washcloth.
- Simply applying warm honey for about 15 minutes is also one of the most highly beneficial blackhead removal home remedies.
- Your regular green tea can also be used to treat blackheads. Take one teaspoon of green tea and add a little water to make a paste. Use this paste to scrub the skin gently for two to three minutes. This scrub deep cleans oily skin and helps unclog pores. Rinse with lukewarm water with extra care. Do not treat your skin roughly as it can damage your skin.
These home remedies are good for the blackheads and at the same time your skin will have a natural glow.