How to Reduce Stress Effectively?Yoga, Meditation & Pilates
A recent research stated that physical warmth and affection helps dispel stress effectively. For the clinical trial, married couples, who held hands often; who embraced for half an hour, and gave each other a massage four times a week, demonstrated remarkable alterations in the biological mechanisms related to strain and pressure.
The saliva revealed higher quantities of anti-stress enzymes and hormones, and diminished amounts of stress-linked hormones.
Also, cuddling up to your pet offers substantial de-stress effects. It produces happiness, peace and a sense of contentment.
Stress relieving techniques
Yoga is a wonderful stress relieving method. Not only does it help combat taxing and hectic conditions, but it also charges up the entire body system and suffuses you with energy. Yoga works on the body-mind-soul complex. It dispels worry, anxiety, and apprehension and promotes peace and tranquility.
Yoga practice helps one to be satisfied, appreciate what one has and encourages one to adopt a cheerful approach to life.
The following yoga postures yield excellent results and support peace and happiness. It soothes frayed nerves, reduces fretfulness and calms an over worked mind.
Dhyan Mudra in Padmasana relieves stress
- Sit in the Padmasana pose or the Lotus pose. If sitting in the Padmasana is a difficult, a simple cross legged pose will also do.
- Place the open right palm over the open left palm, facing upwards, allowing the tips of the thumbs to touch each other.
- Relax the body. Breathe regularly and gently.
- Try to block out all disturbances and focus on the subtle sound that is made when the nostrils open up and there is a slight friction with the air.
- You may get diverted at first, just bring your mind back gently.
- Stay in the dhyan mudra for 15 minutes.
Benefits of the Dyan Mudra:
- This yoga asana teaches you take things as they come, without getting obviously agitated.
- It shuts out excessive mental chatter, throws out unnecessary mental clutter and gives the mind that much needed holiday.
- It increases the power of concentration.
Shashankasana (Hare pose) fights stress effectively
- Kneel on the floor and then sit down, with the legs folded, so that the buttocks rest on the heels.
- Keep the back erect.
- Place the hands in front of you, parallel to the floor.
- Gradually, bend the body forwards, so that the chest and torso touch the thighs, the forehead touches the floor and the hands are spread out on the ground.
- Hold the pose for 5 minutes.
Benefits of the Shashankasana:
- This asana slows down the thought processes in the mind.
- It is a calming pose that induces profound peace and stillness.
- Also, the posture gives the whole body a wonderful stretch.